[Gllug] OT travel in town

Ivan Shiel ivan.shiel at scope.org.uk
Wed Jan 30 12:20:35 UTC 2002

> During Autumn of 2000, a team of scientists at the Department of
> Forensics at University College London

I don't see one on this list:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/UCL-Info/Lists/units.html

>  vomit originating from at least 9 separate people

does this mean they can now "trace for vomit"?

> the remains of 6 mice the remains of 2 large rats

who were happily decomposing and no one noticed the smell

> 1 previously unheard of fungus

I could believe this in the rainforests of south america but on a london
tube train?

> It is far more hygienic to wipe your hand on the inside of a recently
> flushed toilet bowl before  eating, than to wipe your hand on a London
> Underground
> seat before eating.

Given the choice I'll take my chances with the tube.

> It is estimated that, within London, more work  sick-days are taken
> because of bugs picked up whilst  travelling on the London Underground
> than for any other reason (including alcohol).

Well with all the coughing and spluttering passengers, here's a bit I can
believe!

Scope is a registered charity number 208231.
Visit our website at http://www.scope.org.uk

This message, and any file(s) transmitted with it, are confidential and
are intended only for the person(s) to whom they have been addressed by
the sender. This message may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
you believe it was transmitted to you in error, you are required to
delete the message and any copies of it, and to notify the sender
immediately. Any unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution, or
printing of the message or accompanying files, or unauthorised use of
any information contained therein, by anyone other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any views expressed in this message or in any file(s) transmitted with
it are those of the author, and may not necessarily represent the views
of Scope.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk