[Gllug] btopenworld

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Jan 14 18:35:41 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 06:08:14PM +0000, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> simon(simon at cadre.tv)@Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 04:58:32PM -0000:
> > does btopenworld have a regulator?
>
> errr, Oftel?
> http://www.oftel.gov.uk
>
> what does this have todo with CUPS?

Don't worry. It's just someone who's still learning how to spell
"gllug at linux.co.uk" (or, worse, how to use their address book) Just
breathe deeply. One day, people will realise that those of us lucky
enough to have mail clients that attempt to thread based on (*shock*
*horror*) references aren't fooled by someone else clicking on the
reply button and deleting the subject line....

The Other Simon: eh? Do you mean "is BT Openworld throttled?" "Is
there a limit to how much data I can shove around monthly on BT
Openworld?" or something similar, my answer would be a gallic shrug of
the shoulders. I can suggest Mailbox.net.uk as an alternative --- they
come rated on the list, and they're the first company I've met with
the balls to say "we used to provide this service, but it was crap, so
we're redoing it properly. Sorry"

HTH. HAND.

Cheers,

Simon