[Gllug] OT - NTL issues and ADSL providers

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Mon Jan 21 10:06:46 UTC 2002

There is absolutely no reason why they cannot thread another one unless
there is no room (for those interested cables are blown down ducts using
air). I think the standard today at least with colt is to lay more than one
cable (144 fibres) so I doubt they have run out of Bandwidth if they have
done this. Even if they did not lay this many I doubt if they only laid a
couple. If they have laid one cable I would say that they have also laid
enough duct to run a couple more as this is standard practice. Maybe they
are just providing the standard reply for lack of service (blame someone
else).

Harry

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk