[Gllug] This is terrible

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Fri Jan 25 10:17:49 UTC 2002

Please see below for the reply I sent to your email. I will no doubt get
flamed for it but I was replying to your opinion that "some people think
they got what they deserved" which gave me (my opinion) the impression that
you where one of these people. This is the reason I wanted it off the list.
I replied off list as it was personal to me and me alone and my thinking
that you agree with what happened was not going to help relations between
you or me if ever we meet. I tried to be as polite as I possible and over
the months that I have been on the list have tried to remain so but of all
the mails I have read on this list that one made me quite angry which was no
doubt your aim.

You have successfully resurrected that opinion on this list for which I say
"clever boy".

>     Back then "politics" didn't seem to be appropriate in this list.
>
>    I have read most of the postings and for me is highly difficult not
>  to join, but I feel most people I don't like the opinions of are not
>  interested in hearing arguments against their opinions ...

Plenty of people have mentioned the haphazard fscked up policy of America
and had reasonable well written replies to which I would have been proud to
have put my name but I am not aware of anyone saying implying they deserved
it.

ORIGINAL MAIL SENT TO FORMI OFF LIST

I am still thankful this is not a political list although debates do take
place.

> >  I mean
> >
> >   - the atomic bombs dropped in Japan,
> >   - the war with Vietnam,
> >   - the Iraq affair,
> >   - the messing around with the old USSR,
> >   - the financing of dictators in Latin America,
> >   - the slightly questionable backing of Israel against the
> Palestine's,
> >   - the CIA backing afghans with intelligence and arms
> against Russia,
> >   - the exploitation by multinationals of children in third world
> >     countries, and their parents,
> >   - the oppression of Cuba,
> >   - the destruction of green places around the planet for oil and
> >     wood, minerals and anything that can be sold.
> >   - the killing of large numbers of north American natives,
> >   - the no small amount of unnecessary pollution,
> >   - the bullying of small countries, like the crashing of
> > banana producing
> >     countries in Latin America,
> >   - the disrespect for poor people anywhere, even if you are an US
> >     citizen, if you have no money you get no medical treatment.
> >   - the investigation in chemical warfare,
> >   - the allowing multinationals to behave in morally
> > questionable ways,
> >   - the selling of arms to anybody with a couple of $$,
> >   - the spying of everything that happens, Echelon, i.e.
> >
> >     ... I have the feeling that I am missing something.
>
> Yes you are, we all know you are but we do not need to read
> about it. Some of your points and opinions seem to be aimed
> at raising a few hairs and no doubt you will. This kind of
> email addresses a very sensitive issue and in my and I am
> sure a few others should never have been sent.

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.