[Gllug] Init not Found

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 14:11:44 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 12:10, Jackson, Harry wrote:
> [...]

It is probably worth booting of a rescue cd/floppy and having a look at
your root filesystem. See if you can actually see the init binary. It's
always possible that a filesystem corruption or flaky hard-drive have
trashed the link to init. We have had cases where files have vanished
from ide drives and a couple of days later the drive goes bye-bye.

--

| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk