[Gllug] CPU heatsink question.

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Tue Jan 15 17:21:59 UTC 2002

I do not think that it is conductive. I was taught the following, use it
for, displacing moisture, remove grease and penetrate rust or loosen bolts
etc in Northern speak. It also leaves a coating over the surface to preserve
the item but this is not good for electrical contacts as they no longer make
a decent short. I imagine what happened is that the stuff either removed
what grease he had left in his fan or is coating some of the electrical
connectors on his board. I am pretty sure that it is not conductive or we
would not be spraying it all around a running car engine.

Harry

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk