[Gllug] Apache Timeout

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 10:08:15 UTC 2002

Jackson, Harry wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Now that Oracle have moved to apache we are getting all our gear onto it.
> Isn't it amazing that they will move to an open source product only when
> they pay for it, but I digress. We run some scripts that can take up to 20
> minutes. Where do we set the CGI timeout value. In http.conf I found the
> following but we have tried changing these to no avail. We have also had a
> look on google and found lots of people with the same problem but no
> answers. Any help appreciated.
>
> #
> # Timeout: The number of seconds before receives and sends time out.
> #
> Timeout 300
>
> #
> # KeepAlive: Whether or not to allow persistent connections (more than
> # one request per connection). Set to "Off" to deactivate.
> #
> KeepAlive On
>
> #
> # MaxKeepAliveRequests: The maximum number of requests to allow
> # during a persistent connection. Set to 0 to allow an unlimited amount.
> # We recommend you leave this number high, for maximum performance.
> #
> MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
>
> #
> # KeepAliveTimeout: Number of seconds to wait for the next request from the
> # same client on the same connection.
> #
> KeepAliveTimeout 15

I don't think the KeepAlive/persistant connections will have anything to
do with it, I believe that this allows a client to make muptiple
requests using the same connection (if I read the rfc correctly).
Something to do with it being more efficient.  The Timeout would be what
I played with first, but I am not too sure if this is what you are after.

Will.

--
*claw claw* *fang*
*shred* *rip* *ad hominem* *slash*