[Gllug] SCSI Cards.

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 10:37:48 UTC 2002

> Anyone know how good the firewire drivers under Linux are nowadays?
> Anyone on this list actually using them? Want to hear more ;)

They seemed OK for 2.4.x kernels before about 2.4.7 but then not working
at all until about 2.4.13 though I've not personally had success with
the 2.4.13 kernel. Not totally sure if the problem was the firewire
modules or the video camera I'm using or some version incompatibility.

The kernel xconfig says firewire support is "experimental" and this
seems to be about right.

> Was going to have a minor rantette about email clients that don't
> allow for inline quoting (like mutt uses by default) but insist on
> quoting the entire email below the reply, thus making it impossible to
> continue multiple threads of conversation within the same email, but
> firstly it's far too early in the morning, secondly, I haven't got
> enough coffee in my system yet, thirdly, I've been lumbered with that
> kind of client frequently enough to have sympathy[1] and fourthly, I
> suspect it'd lead to a flamewar, and that's just a waste of
> bandwidth....[2]

I'm using Outlook here and it's not too much hassle to move to the
bottom of the text although I've not found a way to get it to default to
this behaviour.

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk