[Gllug] Redhat on a Proliant ML350

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Fri Jan 11 13:11:00 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 12:41, James Bailey wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if any one had experience of installing linux on a Compaq
> Proliant ML350, its a PIII 1Ghz with a Smart Raid Array using 2 x 18Gb SCSI
> Hard Discs in a mirror.
>
> Any pointers or tops greatly received, I have not got the machine yet but
> what i rely want to know is can it be done?

Yep. Been there, seen it, got the postcard.
This mail is being sent from such a server.

Start by using the SmartStart CDs to configure the system -
mine actually reports that it is configured for Win2K,
but I don't care. It works anyway.

Just whack in the CDs.
Remember not to overwrite the small partition which Compaq
uses to store BIOS information.

If you would like to compile a kernel for yourself,
just compile in the relevant module, which is cpqarry

Also there are a couple of utilities for monitoring
the status of that RAID controller.
I've not found time  to have got them installed.
http://starbreeze.knoware.nl/~hugo/compaq/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk