[Gllug] OT - NTL issues and ADSL providers

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Mon Jan 21 14:41:37 UTC 2002

What distance are the two holes apart and how much clearance is there in the
holes. I am just being nosey because if there is enough clearance and room
you could probably pull it through yourselves. You can check the strain that
a cable will take on some websites and if the cable is not affected by
grease you could use this to reduce the strain. Most cables now days are
very tough items.

I know it is a cheapskates way to do it but with enough planning you could
make a nice little job of it. You could also add it to your CV (This has
nothing to do with CVS for any lurking agencies) "Sys Admin and Fibre optic
cable fitter extraordinary". You would of course still require someone to do
a decent job of splicing the thing and I think its quite expensive if it's
multimode.

Harry

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk