[Gllug] TV-Out under Linux

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Jan 22 10:51:16 UTC 2002

On Sat 19 Jan, Mike Brodbelt made the following spurious claims:

> Are you certain this is the case?
>
> I was under the impression that these features were available with the
> G450/550 cards if you load the mga_hal.o module from Matrox. I believe
> you will need to download their driver from the website, as the
> necessary code is in the closed source parts.

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/linux/2001/powerdesk_1_00_7/readme_pdesk.txt

"- TV output support is only available with G400-based graphics
 hardware."

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Think: In which world is speech most free:

1) A world where you can send single personal messages to anyone, but
can't send multiple copies of the same message to people who haven't
authorized you spending their resources that way.

2) A world where you only can send messages to people who have
explicitly authorized you to do so.

If we win the fight against spammers, we get world 1. If we lose, we
get world 2.

- Per Abrahamsen on slashdot

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk