[Gllug] We can put an end to Word attachments

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Thu Jan 24 04:24:58 UTC 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, David Damerell wrote:

> These days, the downturn in the tech sector has the agencies even more
> desperate than the unemployed geeks, since no hiring equals no
> commission, so they're more likely to put in the effort.

What I do is use is an html CV on my website.  Then I say in the
job application email that my CV on my website & to click on the link
below.

When they do that they get to a page with a link to the CV and to
something explicitely labeled as a Word document for recruitment
consultants. The disadvantage of this approach is that you end up having
to maintain two CVs (when I'm not looking for a job I drop the Word link
:-)) as cuting and pasting works so badly in Windows and Word seems not to
be able to maintain consistant formating between paragraphs.

--
William Palfreman

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk