[Gllug] London councils and Unix/Linux

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Thu Jan 10 09:40:45 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 09:03, Jackson, Harry wrote:

> departments its disgusting but if you go to a company and ask for their old
> PC gear for a school the government has conveniently made it nigh impossible
> for them to give you it.

Harry, I agree with you.

However, I've had the experience on this list of getting my company to
finally part with an ancient Compaq server.
Sue Davies kindly put me in contact with a school. I've emailed
the head of IT there TWICE and he hasn't bothered to respond.

So it is still up for grabs - a couple of conditions though.
I want it to go to a school or a charity.
Disks must be wiped before it leaves us.
Buyer must collect - and this is a big box.

Formi, do you still want it?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk