[Gllug] 3D tools

Lee Danskin lee at smoke-mirrors-3d.com
Wed Jan 30 12:55:28 UTC 2002

it's a crazy thing that they would'nt do a linux ver this whole exercise
of the free maya
was to promote education and i can't think of a cheaper, and better
education for going to the BIG
animation/effects house's than the linux ver.

In terms of 3D compared to MPC,mill,CFC,framestore we have a much smaller
team so
we have to run 2000 on the desktop and linux on farms etc...

If we had access to a large dev team them we would run linux on the
desktop, there's
just too many apps missing from linux stable at the mo

just hate that MS though what with the dual 1ghz mac on OSX hmmmm..... (
wish they had the hardware support)

Lee

Lee Danskin
Smoke + Mirrors Ltd.