[Gllug] Help with recruitment agencies

Martyn Drake martyn at martyn-drake.com
Tue Jul 2 13:26:33 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:35:13 +0100 Flash Wilson wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 11:18:03AM +0100, ae wrote:
> > I have recently been made redundant and find myself at the mercy of
> > the recruitment agents.  I'm a C/C++ software developer with over 13
> > years experience and i am finding it very difficult getting an
> > interview. Can anyone give me any advise on how to deal effectively
> > with recruitment agencies?  Does anybody know of any good
> > recruitment agencies?
>
> Register with as many as possible, and as many job boards as possible.
> I found quite a few which called with one, maybe two jobs, most of
> which I could rule out straight away (location etc) - you need as many
> ppl on the case as possible.

Agreed - my personal recommendation is Planet Recruit
(http://www.planetrecruit.co.uk).  This isn't so much an agency, but a
CV repository which recruitment agencies search upon and find relavent
CVs.  I managed to get in contact with a lot of companies this way and
even landed a job directly from it (MD saw the CV and contacted me).

On the whole, however, I have much more luck getting jobs with
approaching companies that I've been interested working for.  I've
generally had very good responses from those that I have approached.

Regards,

	Martyn

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk