[Gllug] Argos site

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Jul 31 11:05:21 UTC 2002

On Tue 30 Jul, Alain Williams made the following spurious claims:

> A lot of web designers don't know what that is ... they generate
> using some tool and assume that the world can read it.

Hmmm, reminds me of my current employers' old site which the dodgy web
design company they used wrote in a really odd way.  The page
contained very little actual HTML and all the HTML was generated by
Javascript!  Why?!?!?!?

I had to point out to Marketing that Google would see only the front
page, and not much of that either, before they decided to fix it.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

"History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once
 they have exchausted all other alternatives."
- Abba Eban