[Gllug] UK Government software

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Tue Jul 9 20:27:58 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 08:37:32PM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:

>    Would anyone else like to reply, or add some comments to my next post?

I wrote to 'the MP for my area'[1] a Ms Harriet Harman in the deluded
believe I may get some answers to my questions regarding Microsoft and
the governments gateway, the report to the UK government on the use of
open source software in the public sector, european governments adoption
of the open source model etc.  My hope was to raise her conciousness
levels hopefully get her to think about a future beyond Microsoft.  I am
still waiting for a reply 4 months later.

I noticed on The Register recently ran an article on the rest of Europe
planning to collaborate on open source projects.

If you read the article closely though you will see that they are
looking at BSD style licences possibly for security reasons.

I could rant on here about Tony Blair, New Labour, and government in
general but people should know my views well enough by now.

[1] I deliberately used the phrase 'MP for my area' and not my MP.

Peace Jim

"You wouldn't drink with these fuckers in the pub, so why do ye'
fucking vote for them?"
--Billy Conolly.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk