[Gllug] Linux projects involvement

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Jul 23 20:57:59 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 11:09:26PM +0100, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
> I am considering getting involved in an open source project which
> a) interests me enough
> b) needs someone with my skills( c/c++, networking protocols, comms,
> real-time, drivers...)
> c) possibly involving some local developers
>
> Does anyone know of any sourceforge or similar interesting project in
> need of help?

I think your best bet is to look at the open source tools you use
regularly and see which of them a) match your skillset and b) have
features you feel could be improved or lack features you need.  You are
far more likely to have useful ideas to contribute.  Even if your
involvement doesn't last beyond a few bugfixes, it's a way of dipping
your toe in.

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin