[Gllug] apache virtual hosts

Leigh Mason leigh at silkstream.net
Wed Jul 10 22:38:27 UTC 2002

In my constant struggle to perform the most elementary of administration
tasks, I find myself (yet again) asking another silly question...or two.

I'm trying to get apache to serve pages from my /home/leigh/public_html
directory. I've left the userDir directive within httpd.conf set to the
default `public_html', but how do I map a request for mydomain.net/leigh
to my directory?

Many searches from google suggest using <virtualHost> settings, while
others suggest that virtual hosts need only be setup if there are many
domain names pointing to one ip address...ahhh confusion.

Cheers,

Leigh

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk