[Gllug] Unkillable process

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 14:01:34 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 00:13, you wrote:

> Even better, use by 2 favourite debugging tools:
>
> strace -p pid -- shows system calls
>
> ltrace -p pid -- shows library calls (eg C library)
>
> Brilliant!

Indeed, somehow in my head strace is not associated with kernel stuff
even though I use it every other day. I must be drinking too much
coffee.
I only found out about ltrace the other day whilst dealing with some
openGL problems. Both very, very useful utilities.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk