[Gllug] java editor

james at soon.co.uk james at soon.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 14:25:00 UTC 2002

Just to add my euroworth to this thread, I also find jEdit is excellent.

I use it daily for all my text editing needs (editing config/system files, emails, HTML, shopping lists, this posting) I currently running it on three platforms: Windows 2K Pro (a small act work place rebellion), Mac G4 OS-X and my home Debian (Woody) box.

The thing I find really surprising is how fast it runs on my aging Debian box (1997 Compaq PWS5000 SMP PPro 300MHz 130MB) it loads in the same time (honest) as XEmacs and that without cheating (i.e. firing up the java-VM before hand)

James

I should get commission for this advert!