[Gllug] PS2 and VGA

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Mon Jul 1 08:19:02 UTC 2002

On Friday 28 June 2002 23:57, you wrote:
> Martin Stevens wrote:
> > A quick question, I'm thinking of getting a PS2 but as I don't
> > have a TV and don't want to get one, can the PS2 be used with
> > a standard VGA monitor, the only way I've seen of doing this is
> > with the Linux Kit, which I would buy at the same time.

SVGA adaptors have always been fairly common for consoles. There was
definitely one for the Dreamcast and PlayStation. Wander into
Electronics Boutique (or similar) and have a look. I'm fairly confident
that they will have what you are looking for.

Having just thought about it a bit more. Any SVGA console adaptor will
work since it is not doing anything console specific just converting an
RF TV signal into SVGA. I assume the same things exist for SCART to
SVGA.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk