[Gllug] Argos site

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Jul 31 13:54:48 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 01:47:43PM +0100, Jonathan Dye wrote:
> [...]

Not sure about that. Sure the rest of the list will come up with
something, though.

> > Bad web design stops people using the web. Easy as that.
>
> Has anyone got any links to guides on accessability for web pages?  I've
> knocked up a few sites in my time and have made sure that they are always
> standards complient and don't rely on Javascript (althought some have used
> it to enhance).  I also try make sure I have added ALT attributes to IMG
> tags.

http://www.webstandards.org/ perhaps? "Dive into Mark" did a nice set
of blogs about accessible weblogs, but many of the points carry over
to "real" site design, and there are some good explanations about
_why_ you want to make your sites accessable. http://diveintomark.org/
for more (there's a link at the bottom of the page)

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.	 If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk