[Gllug] Performance Tweaking of SCSI tape drives

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Tue Jul 23 17:28:22 UTC 2002

Hi All,

I'm currently playing with a Sony DTF-2 drive. I've got it up and
running using mt, tar and the standard st driver. At the moment I'm
getting about 8Mb/s write speed. I know the drive should easily be
capable of twice that.

After reading the man page for mt I feel that this tape drive stuff is
all black magic. I was hoping someone could tell me which particular
breed of goat I should be sacrificing in order to get better
performance.

Thanks,
Huw

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk