[Gllug] Performance Tweaking of SCSI tape drives

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Tue Jul 23 17:58:34 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 19:28, Huw Lynes wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently playing with a Sony DTF-2 drive. I've got it up and
> running using mt, tar and the standard st driver. At the moment I'm
> getting about 8Mb/s write speed. I know the drive should easily be
> capable of twice that.

Bloody stupid reply, and I'm going to make even more of a fool of
myself than with my last reply.
Can you tell us the configuration of the server you are using?

I'm clutching at straws here, but maybe the DTF will only achieve
max performance when it is on its own SCSI controller, not the one
with the disks on.
Or maybe I'm wittering and I've forgotten everything I ever thought
I knew.
Someone please wallop me with the clue stick - its far, far too long
since I've had to touch a SCSI cable or a tape.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk