[Gllug] problem with sendmail

Walid Shaari ws at melinux.com
Sat Jul 20 08:09:33 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 07:47, Manjush G. Menon wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am having some problem with sendmail as follows.
> I have been noticing the starting of sendmail at the booting
> time of my RHLinux7.2. It takes a long time before starting sendmail as a daemon.
> Why is it like that?
you probably have not an Interface configured yet!, I recall this
happening to me when I first started using Linux, and as I was using
DHCP, and sendmail would start before I have gotten an IP address it
used to hang there wondering!!!

All you need to do is may be give your hostname in /etc/hosts something
like this

127.0.0.1               localhost
192.168.10.1            hostname

I think