[Gllug] AMD Dual Processor

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Thu Jul 25 10:02:09 UTC 2002

Simon Stewart(sms at lateral.net)@Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 10:32:59AM +0100:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 07:07:50PM +0100, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> > Simon Stewart(sms at lateral.net)@Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 03:23:57PM +0100:
>
> I was talking about the BIOS setting. Not been home for a few days, so
> I've not had a chance to reboot and have a shufty at it, so not 100%
> sure that it _is_ MPS 1.4.

i thought you might have been refering to teh BIOS, but wasn't sure.

i did have a look arround yesterday on google.  couldnt find much, or i
wasnt searching for the correct incantations.  what i do know, is that
MPS 1.4 supports virtual interupts.

> AFAIK, you get the chance to compile smp support (or numa-like smp
> support) into the kernel, and that's it. I'm sure Dave Jones (or one
> of the other kernel hackers here) will pipe up and correct me.

ok, thats what i thought the options were for a vanilla kernel.  glad to
know i hadnt missed some obvious CONFIG_ option.

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Does the noise in my head bother you?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk