[Gllug] Argos site

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 20:59:21 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 13:50, Stuart Children wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 01:25:32PM +0100, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> > On Wed 31 Jul, Stuart Children made the following spurious claims:

> > You still went to the movie, right?  No problem for them then.
>
> Normally, yes, because my local Odeon is convenient, shows a reasonable
> selection (of the main stream stuff), and is relatively cheap at the right
> times. However, I try to avoid buying the overpriced coke and popcorn
> which is what they make their money on - ticket sales hardly bring them
> anything.
>
> I also do have the option of going elsewhere and if it was the case that I
> didn't have Windows and so couldn't check availability easily and for
> free, and there was another decent cinema local to me, then I would choose
> not to go to the Odeon. That should concern them.

I too have issues with the Odeon website. Unlike the original poster, I
do not run a dual boot system, do not possess a copy of Windows (newer
than the original release of 95, which is not installed), and use a
Linux box at work. They *have* lost my custom on several occasions.
Warner's and UCI have working sites, and it's only if they're not
showing what I want that I'll suffer the pain of finding a box at work
with IE on to look at their site.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk