[Gllug] Argos site

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 12:15:53 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 31 July 2002 12:07, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On Wed 31 Jul, Jackson, Harry made the following spurious claims:
> > I wonder will anyone ever take these companies to court for
> > discriminating against the poor. It seems like a reasonable case to me.
> > Here we have 10000 plaintiffs taking these 400 companies to court for
> > discrimination against their ability to afford licensing costs for
> > software.
>
> A blind man in Sydney sued IBM (a founding member of the "Bobby" web
> accessibility initiative, no less!) and SOCOG for him not being able
> to use the Sydney Olympics site.  It was an insanely complicated site
> and they ended up spending millions fixing it.

Just wondering, but would a blind person be able to sue the movie industry for
making films that are not accessible to them? Could a deaf person sue the
music industry for making albums that are not accessible to deaf people?

Not being a bigot, just wondering how a blind person would expect to use a
website anyway?

Steve
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk

"The sooner we fall behind, the longer we have to catch up!"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk