[Gllug] Argos site

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Wed Jul 31 12:23:32 UTC 2002

>Just wondering, but would a blind person be able to sue the movie industry for
>making films that are not accessible to them? Could a deaf person sue the
>music industry for making albums that are not accessible to deaf people?

No, because it's not possible to make a film for the blind, of an album
for the deaf. It *is*, however, not only possible to make a web site for
the blind, but if you follow the published standards, your site will
already be usable without any extra effort. Sure, you can go the extra
mile and make your site specifically usable by the blind, but just not
crippling it in the first place would be a good start.

>Not being a bigot, just wondering how a blind person would expect to use a
>website anyway?

With a braille terminal. I went to university with someone that used one.
Great at rendering text, but images without alt tags don't work too well,
for example, and flash is much the same.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk