[Gllug] Monitor problem

Frank Kelly fkelly at organictv.clara.co.uk
Sun Jul 14 11:22:05 UTC 2002

While trying to optimize my monitor with Suse 8.0 I accidentally set the wrong
option which means that I get a flickering screen on boot.  I can of course
boot the installed system from the Suse DVD, which is fine, and lets me use
the machine, but I don't seem to be able to change the monitor setting from
Yast2.  I am able to select different settings in Yast2, but this doesn't
seem to change anything in respect of booting from the HD.

My monitor (I think, from the serial number) is a Dell V15 clone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Frank Kelly

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk