[Gllug] ADSL static IP address

Matthew Palmer matthew at tinfoil.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 14 12:32:27 UTC 2002

Hi list :-)

At 10:40 08/07/2002 +0100, verina, David wrote:

>See that nobody else mentioned it ... Zen.
>
>www.zenadsl.co.uk

Sorry - a bit behind on reading the list.  I'm also happy on Zen ADSL and
intend to keep my connection with them when my first year ends
soon.  Recently they started to provide the option of 5 (usable) static IPs
addresses to new sign-ups at no extra charge and existing customers can
regrade to this service, something which I intend to do soon.

Also using a Alcatel Speedtouch USB (formally Stingray/Slug) with SuSE 8.0
and stability isn't as good as a previous setup (SuSE 7.3 with SuSE 2.4.16
kernel) using the Speedtouch drivers (speedtouch.sourceforge.net) but I'm
too lazy to change it ;-)

Out of interest, has anyone here had success with the Conexant chipset
modems (as sold by Dabs.com, Redstore etc..) and AMD K6 based
machines?  Tweaked it to work (occasionally) on a Intel SMP box but it
always causes fatal segfaults on AMD K6 based machines :-/

TTFN
Matt Palmer.