[Gllug] Exim-based disclaimer filter

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Jul 9 11:42:42 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 12:03:17PM +0100, Martyn Drake wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:13:42 +0100 Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
>
> > Some ammunition to work against this idiocy:
> >
> > http://www.somis.dundee.ac.uk/dataprotect/emaildis/emaildis.htm
> > http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/
>
> Viewed several times before all of this came about, I can assure you.
> However, there is little anything can be done.  A disclaimer at the end
> of all emails it must be. :(

As one of the pages rightly points out, those things only make sense
if included at the top of a message. Just see how long management take
to change their minds when every outgoing email makes them look like
an arse. Defend you position using their own "legal cover" tatic.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Shouldn't you read the instructions?"   -Hobbes
"Do I look like a sissy?"                -Calvin

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk