[Gllug] wireless

BABA Yoshihiko baba at daido-it.co.jp
Wed Jul 24 12:43:25 UTC 2002

Xander D Harkness <xander at harkness.co.uk> wrote:

> Daniel Andersson wrote:

> I stuck the Buffalo compact flash card with a flash to PCMCIA adapter
> into my laptop and it was reported as not supported.  I could not see a
> relevant card supported when in the kernel source.

I misses the thread, so I don't know what distro and product you
are using.

What chipset does it use?  The most popular are Orinoco and
Prism.  Most distros support Orinoco by default when you install
as Laptop, while growing number of distros support Prism and
other chipsets.  It is likely that what you need is just add an
entry to /etc/pcmcia.conf.

--
BABA Yoshihiko
Tokyo Linux Users Group where wireless LAN is everywhere

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk