[Gllug] AMD Dual Processor

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Jul 24 18:07:50 UTC 2002

Simon Stewart(sms at lateral.net)@Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 03:23:57PM +0100:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 03:12:28PM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I noticed an earlier post mentioned usage of an AMD dual-cpu motherboard.
> > Questions:
> > Which motherboard ? (mfr/type)
>
> Tyan Tiger
>
> > Is it running Linux with full multiprocessor support (I presume so)
> > using MPS 1.1 or 1.4 ?
>
> SMP support compiled in, MPS 1.4 (I think)

have i over looked something, or am i not quite understanding you
correctly, can you compile in support for MPS 1.[14] into linux?

i know i can change it in the BIOS, but should i also compile in
additional support for it?

-v
--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk