[Gllug] AMD Dual Processor

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Jul 24 14:23:57 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 03:12:28PM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
> Hi
>
> I noticed an earlier post mentioned usage of an AMD dual-cpu motherboard.
> Questions:
> Which motherboard ? (mfr/type)

Tyan Tiger

> Is it running Linux with full multiprocessor support (I presume so)
> using MPS 1.1 or 1.4 ?

SMP support compiled in, MPS 1.4 (I think)

<snip>

> So, if anyone has any experience with AMD dual-processor boards which might
> assist me, I should be grateful

Soak test it properly, because I had a bit of trouble with the memory
controller on my first mobo. Swapping in a new one did the
trick. Since then, it's been rock solid. If you've got the cash to
spare, built in SCSI and ethernet make a lot of sense. And make sure
your PSU is up to scratch, too.

Cheers,

Simon

--
By God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it.
- Russ Allbery, http://www.slacker.com/rant.html

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk