[Gllug] Argos site

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Jul 31 09:42:10 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:19:56AM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> Sadly, such incompetence in web design is commonplace. The "design
> for IE because that's what has marketshare" mentality is widespread.

Some of us are trying to do something about that. Busily promoting
Mozilla as a browser that a site has to work in here. Aided and
abetted by the fact that I'm one of two technical people here who has
to do all the integration of websites to databases, etc. Since I use
Linux on the desktop, if it doesn't work for me, I can't test that any
changes work. So the work doesn't get done at all.

Cheers,

Simon

--
'"A man who wears a bow tie is not to be trusted," one expert
advised. Of course not. He can't look you straight in the face. The

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk