[Gllug] Argos site

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 10:20:06 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 21:39, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> Can people please go to www.argos.co.uk and complain about the lack of
> support for non-IE browsers?  Most annoying!
>
> Why can't people just use HTML?!?!?!?

Seems to work OK in Opera.
In konqueror, if you change the user agent to opera 4.03 on Windows you get
the text...

"Sorry, in order for you to use this site (and to enjoy a better all-round web
experience) you will need to update your browser.

The Argos site runs off all browsers from Internet Explorer version 4.01
upwards, and Netscape version 4.07 upwards.

 Updating your browser is a simple process and can be done quickly by going
through the link below."

Which is obviously not true as it doesn't support Netscape 6!!
Steve
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk

"The sooner we fall behind, the longer we have to catch up!"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk