[Gllug] Browser tricks

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Jul 31 12:21:54 UTC 2002

One of my users has just asked me if it's possible to automatically go
to a website and grab the rendered output as a PNG, GIF or JPEG. This
means that they just want to fire off a cron job (say) to collect the
rendered output of a web page without having to go to the site and
grab the window itself by hand.

Before I hurl myself bodily into scripting Mozilla, does anyone know
of a tool that can already do this?

Cheers,

Simon

--
"In my house, on the ceilings I have paintings of the rooms above...so
I never have to go upstairs." --- Steven Wright

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk