[Gllug] Browser tricks

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Wed Jul 31 12:47:26 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 14:21, Simon Stewart wrote:
> One of my users has just asked me if it's possible to automatically go
> to a website and grab the rendered output as a PNG, GIF or JPEG. This
> means that they just want to fire off a cron job (say) to collect the
> rendered output of a web page without having to go to the site and
> grab the window itself by hand.
Oops - re-reading properly this time what you said,
you want the rendered output of the page printed off.
Yeah, getting a simple HTML page and piping it to html2ps would be OK.
But anything complicated with frames...
Takes foot from mouth, but still says a search of CPAN is a good place
to start.

Then again:

html2ps http://www.slashdot.org > slashdot.ps  just worked for me!
The output is awful though - bit of a waste of time :-(

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk