[Gllug] GPG key expiry

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Jul 3 12:03:29 UTC 2002

Heya forks.

My GPG key expires at the end of this month.  What is the way to work
with this expiry?  I could just extend the deadline and re-issue my
key but I want to make a bigger key -- the current one is only 1024
bits -- to take into account potential future advances in factoring.

So how do I do this?  Should I revoke my old key or just let it
expire?  Do I start using my new key now or only after 30th July?

I presume I should sign my new key with my old key and get any
previous signers to re-sign the new key, right?

Speaking of which, does GLLUG do keysigning events?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

While middle England keeps swinging it's loyalty
No concern for the future
Just with dead royalty
So will the Real Great Britain step forward
This is the national identiy parade
Shoe gazer nation forever looking backwards
Time to reject the sixties charade

- Asian Dub Foundation: Real Great Britain