[Gllug] (infra red) webcam

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Jul 29 10:40:52 UTC 2002

On Sat 27 Jul, Chris Bell made the following spurious claims:

>    I have heard that a computer recording may not be admissable evidence
> unless you can prove that it is original and has not been edited, and that
> some forms of video compression have been claimed to be a form of editing,
> as each frame is partly compiled using other frames.

But I imagine it would be enough for the coppers to work out who it is
and further their investigation.  The footage would be enough to get a
warrant and, particularly if fingerprints are on record, they should
be able to get there.

There's also the notoriety of the case.  In Sydney last year a guy did
exactly this and posted the footage on a web site.  The papers picked
it up and ran it on the front page.  Not sure if they caught the
purpertrators but they were CLEARLY filmed ripping off his whole
place.  Weirdly they didn't take his computer!

Check out the awesome "Motion" software for this application.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Illegal arrivals by sea have always been a problem
in Australia.  Ask any Aborigine.
- corruption of a Robert Orben quote