[Gllug] dselect problems

mriscott at yahoo.co.uk mriscott at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 13:06:51 UTC 2002

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this.  I have recently moved to debian,
having tried suse and mandrake.  Debian definately runs faster on my puny
machine (celeron, 32Mb).

However, I was trying to deinstall a few packages to make some room on my
machine (yeah - not much disk space either), and I obviously pressed the
wrong key somewhere in deselect, because it wanted to delete lots of things
I hadn't meant to deinstall.

I wondered if there was any way to get dselect to tell you what it was about
to do before it started to remove packages (similar to what it does on
install). I had a look at the manpage and the on-line help, but I couldn't
find anything - am I just being dense?

Many thanks,

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk