[Gllug] Argos site

Stuart Children stuart at terminus.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 12:00:18 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 09:39:09PM +0100, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> Can people please go to www.argos.co.uk and complain about the lack of
> support for non-IE browsers?  Most annoying!
>
> Why can't people just use HTML?!?!?!?

Indeed. I'll spare the huge rant of dos and don't because you all know it.
I've tried to look stuff up (and indeed order) on the Argos stite before
and been forced to give up and go down the road to the actual store.

The one site that I regularly would like to use but can't is Odeon's
(http://www.odeon.co.uk/. If I want to look up films, check availability,
or book tickets I need to either get my information second hand via
another site, spend time/money going down there or phoning them, or reboot
to Windows and use IE. No other [broken] site am I bothered enough to do
this for. I've emailed them in the past pointing out how not only are they
using IE-only Javascript where standard compliant stuff can work perfectly
well, but that there are several navigation issues with the site which
make it hard or confusing to use. I got a response saying that they plan
to redesign early next year (IIRC) and will look at "other browsers" then.
Feel free to let info at Odeonuk.com know you're not happy with this either.

Cheers

--
Stuart

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk