[Gllug] Router Ports

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Mon Jul 22 12:05:57 UTC 2002

Harry Jackson(postituk at yahoo.com)@Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 03:21:31AM -0700:
> I have the DLink 504 and I ran nmap against it last night. Apparently I
> have telnet and http open. I am pretty sure that telnet is not open to
> the outside world but this does not help me with spoofed IP's. I am
> also a little concerned that port 80 is open. Does anyone have any
> experience on securing a dlink router.

no experience what-so-ever.

But have you configured it up?  From having a look at:

 http://www.dlink.co.uk/products/dsl-504/dsl-504_tech.html

it appears that it has an 'Advanced filter / firewall' option, which is
probably going to be an excellent place to start further investigations.

-v

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk