[Gllug] Router Ports

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Fri Jul 19 15:30:29 UTC 2002

On Friday 19 July 2002 11:21, Harry Jackson wrote:
> I have the DLink 504 and I ran nmap against it last night. Apparently I
> have telnet and http open. I am pretty sure that telnet is not open to
> the outside world but this does not help me with spoofed IP's. I am
> also a little concerned that port 80 is open. Does anyone have any
> experience on securing a dlink router.

There is a default login that you can telnet to only I can't remember what it
is :-(
I eventually found a site which had all the default logins for all the routers
on the market but, in my haste, I didn't write it down or bookmark it. It's
out there somewhere. You might want to log in and change it from the default.
I think that port 80 is open for the web-admin page but you can disable it on
the outside interface I think. Were you nmaping it from the inside or the
outside?
Steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk