[Gllug] Samba Experts wanted: Samba with win2k clients

Peter Chauncy Peter.Chauncy at PoplarHarca.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 10:57:59 UTC 2002

Hello Folks,
I know this is more a question about the windows clients than the samba
servers, but if someone can help, I will pay them, and also make sure that
the solution is written up so that other people installing samba don't have
to go through the same hassle that I have done in the last week or so.

I have got a couple of networks of training machines running windows 2000,
logging on to Linux servers running samba 2.2.2 on RH 7.2.

I am trying to secure the desktops against the usual minor irritations of
changed desktop settings, new programs and so on.  In the past I have used
System Policy Editor on Windows 9x and NT.  As far as I understand all of
this has changed and something called Group Policy Objects has been
introduced.  I have looked at the stuff on the Microsoft site, but mostly it
says the answer is Windows 2000 server, which I don't really want.

Any experts out there ? Any suggestions ?  (I will post to the samba list
too)

Thanks
Peter

--
Peter Chauncy
Community IT, Poplar HARCA, 167A East India Dock Road, London E14 0EA
peter.chauncy at poplarharca.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk