[Gllug] Help with recruitment agencies

Flash Wilson flash at gorge.org
Tue Jul 2 10:35:13 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 11:18:03AM +0100, ae wrote:
> I have recently been made redundant and find myself at the mercy of the
> recruitment agents.  I'm a C/C++ software developer with over 13 years
> experience and i am finding it very difficult getting an interview.
> Can anyone give me any advise on how to deal effectively with recruitment
> agencies?  Does anybody know of any good recruitment agencies?

Register with as many as possible, and as many job boards as possible.
I found quite a few which called with one, maybe two jobs, most of
which I could rule out straight away (location etc) - you need as many
ppl on the case as possible.

When I eventually got a job (it took a month of serious hunting)
it was from an agency Id never heard of who saw my CV on one of the
jobboards.

Ive got a list of job boards at http://www.unixqueen.net/careers/
- for agencies just ask everyone you know, see who is advertising
on job boards, see ads in the tube etc.

> Email me if anybody wants to see my C.V.

Put it online, don't hide it!  Put the URL in your sig, and so on.

Good luck!

Flash

--
Flash Wilson         flash at gorge.org  	     http://www.gorge.org
Are you a UK System Administrator?       Join SAGE-WISE for FREE!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk