[Gllug] Modems

Allen Wayne Wayne.Allen at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Jul 10 13:29:49 UTC 2002

Hi All,

went to PCWORLD last night on an urgent quest for a modem... it appears that
nearly all PCI modems are software based....even the 40 quid ones!!! and its
not really apparent until you get them home....no longer are they called
'winmodems'  The clue seems to be looking at the minimum spec for the
modem(in this case P166) and possibly the manufacturers website...... so
Anyone any reccomendations for a hardware 56K modem???, preferable not
serial as my m/b does not like my serial devices and it must be hardware
based... I want to use Wincrap and Linux........ USB or PCI

Ideas????

Wayne

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk