[Gllug] [OT] Web hosting

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Jul 17 12:23:30 UTC 2002

On Wed 17 Jul, John HEARNS made the following spurious claims:

> I'm no database guru, but David Axmark did discuss ACID.
> Maybe he fudged it, but IIRC he did say that MySQL passes this
> test, and my notes seem to confirm this.
> (I should say that I like MySQL)

Does MySQL support transactions yet?  If not, it fails.

The response to this from the MySQL developers has traditionally been
"do it in your own software".  Thing is, I'm not a database developer
and the people who are do this kinda shit MUCH more effectively than
me.  I'd rather trust a database to look after my data (isn't that the
point?) than my own bodgy code.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

"History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once
 they have exchausted all other alternatives."
- Abba Eban